Thursday, September 24, 2009

14-Day Challenge: Day Seven

I woke up at the ungodly hour of 6a.m. today, eager to head to school and longing for my yoghurt. Unfortunately, since I am not as pleasant or coherent a person in the morning as I am starting at about noon or so, I made an awful faux pas when I mistook my mantra, "Finish my yoghurt and win the race!" for "Finnish my yoghurt and win the race," and topped off my peach Activia with pickled herring. Needless to say, my day was off to a terrible start.

It wasn't until my second serving of Lihapullat later that afternoon that I had even realized what I was doing. I finished the last of my meatball platter and continued to class. Will this heavy diet of Finnish food slow down my performance in the 5k? I'm afraid only time will tell ...

I will finish my yoghurt and win the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you post, please re-read and re-think what you are about to say to us. For assistance, please use the following checklist:
1) Would you say this to your mother and not expect to get slapped?
2) Would you shout it at a bag full of puppies?
3) Haben Sie auf Deutsch geschrieben?
4) Is your comment grammatically correct?

If you have answered "yes" to one or more of the preceding items, please hang your head in shame, for you have failed us.

Remember - more than three shakes is playing with it! (Maracas, of course!)

Brandon and Erin