Monday, September 21, 2009

14-Day Challenge: Day Four

I can't say anything too terribly different has come from my vaginal yoghurt diet on this fourth day, but I have been feeling rather sporty.

I got up, lifted my mattress (I've been staying on a pallet on the floor in a comfortable nook of an apartment that is blessed to have no air-conditioning in the upcoming 105˚ F weather) and rolled it to the corner. That wasn't the end of my fitness routine! I carried my three, very heavy suitcases full of clothes and books I'm not reading around the room, made my oatmeal, and ate my fourth Activia. I was late getting up, so what better time to get a full cardio workout than when running to your car with your arms full of textbooks? Well, my legs are beat. BEAT!

All this strenuous activity (is there any correlation between the word "activity" and the yoghurt "Activia"?) left me wanting more ... So I signed up for a 5k run on October 10th. If this yoghurt doesn't fail me now, I should be rearing to go in precisely 10 days before the run takes place.

The new challenge? Finish my yoghurt and win the race. You know, I like that answer so much, I'm going to make it my new mantra: Finish my yoghurt and win the race.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sir or Madam,
    I was thoroughly shocked and horrified when I read if your article that you have to sleep on the floor with no air conditioning and that you must endure the indignity of WALKING to your car! Really! It is unconscienable that YOU a hard-working yoghurt eater should have to suffer in that way. Surely the home where you are staying is run by a cruel mistress who never cooks you soup so you won't have to eat chips and never gets you terrible seats at concerts and never, ever lets you in the gate even though it means going outside in shorts. SHORTS! What a monster!

    Yours Truly,
    Mrs. Getoverityoutwerp

    PS - In America, we call it yogurt.

    ReplyDelete

Before you post, please re-read and re-think what you are about to say to us. For assistance, please use the following checklist:
1) Would you say this to your mother and not expect to get slapped?
2) Would you shout it at a bag full of puppies?
3) Haben Sie auf Deutsch geschrieben?
4) Is your comment grammatically correct?

If you have answered "yes" to one or more of the preceding items, please hang your head in shame, for you have failed us.

Remember - more than three shakes is playing with it! (Maracas, of course!)

Brandon and Erin